Perdue Farms, Incorporated is seeking a qualified Maintenance Supervisor for second shift in our processing plant in Dillon, South Carolina. We are seeking candidates with proven skills and experience. The purpose of this position
is to directly supervise and lead maintenance mechanics. Plan, organize, and control manpower. To ensure safe and efficient operation of plant equipment and to comply with department and plant budget goals and accountabilities.
Describe below the major responsibilities of this position which must be fulfilled with or without reasonable accommodations in order to achieve the essential purpose of this position.
1. Train, direct, and develop subordinates to meet operating, safety, and quality requirements within the department / area.
2. Maintain and support an environment for all associates that provide and promote open communication, trust, leadership, credibility, associate development, and empowerment.
3. Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to retaining associates. Consistently administers company policies and procedures.
4. Support and promote the company’s annual People, Products, and Profitability goals through effective and efficient planning, communication, coaching, training, and overall direction of the workforce.
5. Creates and implements, with management approval, new ideas and methods to improve production efficiencies. Meet and improve upon budget costs in order to increase department and plant efficiencies.
6. Support the 3 P’s. People – Turnover, Safety, Associate Engagement; Products – Quality and consistency of products; Profitability – Contribute to achievement of Key Initiatives.
7. Build and Maintain a successful motivated team of technicians.
8. Achieve or exceed customer satisfaction through continuous improvements in quality and service.
9. Promote & support associate teamwork, providing specific goals and accountabilities together with quarterly assessments and annual evaluations.
Specialized or technical knowledge, credentials or licensing required for the position include:
Electrical knowledge of control circuits, basic PLC background, Mechanical skills including hydraulic & pneumatic background, knowledge of plant lubrication, excellent Leadership & Supervisory/People Skills, Understanding of PM programs & systems, knowledge
& understanding of predictive technologies, and excellent follow-up skills and must be results orientated.
Leadership – a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results.
Planning – an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1 to 3 year time span.
Management – the ability to organize multiple protocols / projects and complete on schedule.
Process Development – ability to develop protocols and processes and deploy.
Problem Solving – ability to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
Associate development – ability to supervise and recognize training needs for the operation as well as the associates and the willingness to support those needs and develop associates.
Customer Satisfaction – knowledge of and ability to provide strong customer orientation.
Communication – ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and a commitment to excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Team Building- knowledge of and a commitment to Team performance, effective coaching and demonstrated skills of a strong team player.
Commitment – dedication and commitment to company values.
Safety – ability, knowledge and commitment to put safety of associates above everything else while achieving goals.
This position requires five (5) years of maintenance experience
Required Education 4-year college degree, BS or AS in technical discipline preferred. High School Education, GED or Equivalent
Details Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. - 17 months ago
Chickens are always on the menu at this company. Perdue Incorporated is one of the largest poultry (chicken and turkey) producers in the US....