Job Title: Assistant Produce Department Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Produce Department Manger
Provides assistance to the Produce Department Manager by working closely with all Produce associates in an effort to ensure an enjoyable shopping experience is consistently delivered, all company policies and procedures are being followed, department goals and objectives are being obtained, and associates’ needs are being met. Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively managing all aspects of produce department operations, to include but not limited to: labor, expenses, accurate pricing, stock levels, merchandising, and customer service.
Performs tasks as delegated by the Produce Department Manager and effectively leads the Produce Department in the absence of the Department Manager.
Leads, coaches and reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Produce associates.
Ensures all department standards are being met in the Produce department.
- Trains new Produce associates, and re-trains as necessary
- Writes and conducts performance reviews of Produce associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by Produce associates and conducts appropriate corrective action, up to and including termination
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all Produce department associates
Provides customer service to guests.
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Produce Director/Supervisor, other Department Managers and Produce associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understands being in a leadership role and how to motivate a team of individuals
- Must possess great oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of technology and the use of a computer
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Knowledge and understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, baler, forklift, cutter, proper lifting techniques, proper scanning technique, hand truck, trash compactor.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
The Assistant Produce Department Manager is a full-time hourly position scheduled 35-40 hours per week. The work schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods - 9 months ago
At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission!
Festival Foods employs more than 4,700 associates who serve...