Immediate Opening - Direct Care Staff - Driving (OC)
The primary duty of the Direct Care Staff is to coach our clients with activities meaningful to their quality of life as a person with a developmental disability. The job can be very satisfying and fun not only assisting with activities of daily living (such as hygiene, communicating, eating, shopping, transportation, etc.) but also participating and developing activities interesting to both the Direct Care Staff and the client.
- Must be at least 25 years old.
- Must have a reliable car that will seat 4 passengers, a valid California Drivers License,
insurance, valid registration, and a good driving record. No DUIs.
- Must be able to work closely with adults with developmental disabilities. Prior experience with behaviors preferred.
- Must be able to pass post offer TB test and health physical, which includes being able to lift 50 pounds, and criminal record clearance.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
The Direct Care Staff position offers 30-37 hours per week, $9.00/hr plus mileage reimbursement, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP and 403b plan.
About Westview Services, Inc.
We began as an adult center for people with disabilities, and have grown into one of the largest organizations of its kind. More than 500 employees serve about 2000 clients in 30 programs, each driven by our mission of enriching the daily lives of people through services designed to realize their potential.
Through Westview Services, Inc., people with disabilities meet the challenges of daily life, gain the tools to be contributing members of the workforce, and ultimately lead more fulfilling lives.
Westview is an Equal Opportunity Employer.