As a leading provider of residential and support services to individuals with special needs, Services for the UnderServed provides the resources you need to build on your experience amidst our culture of team support. Ongoing training and attention to your development help to ensure your success. Your achievements and leadership are rewarded by advancement opportunities. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
The Recreation Specialist provides participants with developmental disabilities with skill development through a combination of community and classroom learning experiences.
- Assist with the promotion and maintenance of a warm, stimulating and caring environment
- Create, organize and instruct a recreation program for youth, including arts and crafts, physical activities, and special interest activities
- Attend to any child’s physical, emotional, social and cognitive needs whilst offering the child the opportunity to develop to their full potential
- Assist staff in the planning, preparation, implementation and participation in a variety of activities appropriate to the age and stage of each individual child.
- Provide an environment in which all children are encouraged to learn through play and social interaction with their peers
- Complete time sheets, incident reports, registration forms, emergency forms and other paperwork and reports required by the program
- Assists in classes and activities for youth engaged in recreational activities to include active and passive individuals
- Drive the children home at the end of the program day.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Associates Degree preferred.
- At least one year experience providing direct care services to adults with a developmental disability.
- AMAP certified, SCIP-R trained, CPR & First Aid Trained
- Valid NYS Driver's License.
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays