Provide secretarial support for the nursing unit
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first class customer service.
- Answering the telephone.
- Transcribing orders.
- Communication skills and good telephone etiquette.
- Entering data in the computer and patient medical record.
- The Unit Secretary must have a working knowledge of all equipment and procedures specific to assigned area.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Open, honest, respectful communicator
- Cheerful and energetic outlook
- Passion for Quality, Patient Safety, Patient Satisfaction and Staff Satisfaction
- Coordinates with scheduling department regarding status of patient for perioperative services
- Enters patient charges for the department
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent, formal or on the job training
- Medical terminology experience preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.