The Isilon Storage Division of EMC is the global leader in scale-out data storage systems. Our scale-out storage platform is a powerful, yet simple way to manage data and applications, enabling enterprises to expect much more from their storage. Limitless capacity in a single file system? Yes ! Industry-leading performance? Yes ! Application consolidation? Yes ! Simply put, we have the world's best product for solving the challenges of the fastest growing segment of the storage industry. Sound interesting? If you thrive in results-oriented environments and have high expectations for yourself and for others, take a closer look at EMC Isilon, recently named the Best Place to Work in Washington State by the Puget Sound Business Journal.
We are looking for the best. Sharp people who have a true passion for technology, love to build companies, take charge and make an impact. Our growth and innovation continues to create diverse career opportunities in each of our locations around the globe. We urge highly talented and qualified candidates, in all areas, to learn more about our award winning culture and explore our current opportunities.
Isilon is looking for a top caliber Area Sales Manager. The successful candidate will lead an area organization including District Managers with teams of Regional Territory Managers along with dotted line responsibility for systems engineers and channel managers in the region. The Isilon Division of EMC is the recognized leader in intelligent scale-out storage with demonstrated success in media, oil & gas, life sciences, document management and federal markets. In summary, the Area Manager will be an extroverted, forceful and visionary sales leader who can inspire world-class sales performance across the region through the targeting of midsize and large organizations while being hands on with coaching of sales teams and participation in deals.
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual quota objectives
- Manage all opportunities to increase deal size and accelerate the buying process
- Understand and execute the Isilon sales processes, product and service value propositions
- Hire, mentor, coach, manage and motivate a team of District Managers each with regional sales teams.
- Build and manage an Area pipeline by developing relationships with top tier prospects, partners and customers
- Accurately forecast respective Area opportunities
- Conduct necessary sales meetings and quarterly business reviews to ensure effective selling and efficient engagement of aligned resources
- Participate in customer meetings to validate our positioning, qualify opportunities and facilitate the closing process
- Cultivate and maintain internal Isilon relationships with appropriate contacts to ensure support of sales teams efforts
- Hold team accountable to internal usage of Salesforce.com
- Ensure respective managers and sales people are managing their activities and calendars and are optimized in the most effective manner
- Manage sales teams to structure deals appropriately to achieve Isilon margin objectives on a quarterly and annual basis
- Work with inside sales personnel to ensure customers renew their annual maintenance contracts
- Review and approve all expenses associated with the team and ensure region area achieves operating expense targets
Ready to make a difference? If you have the above experience and skills we want to talk with you. Join the Isilon Systems team today!
- Demonstrated history of consistent sales achievement over target
- 3+ years of 2 nd line sales management of enterprise class storage industry solutions
- Demonstrated success building and retaining high caliber talent for a rapidly growing geography
- Experience managing channel centric sales teams
- Proficient in forecasting tools and CRM methodologies
- Core Domain knowledge of storage networking, file systems, network attached storage, and clustering technologies are preferred / required
- Demonstrated success with CXO and multi-level selling
- Highly motivated professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Consistent track record for developing new business and managing a complex sales cycle, from generating leads to closing deals
- Capability to leverage your relationships and your knowledge of the territory for deals and recruiting
Please apply at www.isilon.com
EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of information...