Eaton Corporation’s Power Motion Control Division of Eaton Aerospace, has an opening for a R&D Engineer. The position is based in Jackson, MS.
The Jackson facility has approximately 550 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
The individual performs engineering assignments involving limited responsibility including design and analysis of less complex products, sub-assemblies, or components.
A.Develops innovative solutions to problems encountered during development of new products and technologies.
B.Performs a variety of design and engineering calculations generally involving the application of advanced but standard mathematical formulas and available tabled or charted data. May derive formulas for the set up and solution of engineering problems.
C.Prepares test procedures and specifications. Advises laboratory personnel of test requirements including equipment operation, instrumentation, and procedures. Evaluates test results with the assistance of senior engineers to determine the adequacy of equipment design and/or determine if design modifications are needed.
D.Directs engineering service groups that are conducting tasks such as drafting or analysis.
Monitors progress of engineering service tasks.
E.Prepares component, subassembly, and system design of a moderate degree of complexity.
Recommends design modifications to achieve design objectives including functional, design for cost, design for reliability, and design for manufacturability. Examines development test data and hardware to establish test incident Root Cause and Corrective Action. Implements corrective actions and reports resolution to project team.
F.Prepares engineering drawings as required to determine the functional feasibility of design modifications. Develops specific design criteria for evaluating the total design concept by more experience engineers. Prepares layouts using Pro/Engineer to check operational feasibility of requested changes.
G.Participates in the preparation of engineering proposals by compiling, preparing and providing technical data. Prepares and submits various reports related to assignment.
H.Coordinates phases of small design projects at a technical level compatible with this classification including recommending scope of project, cost and schedule estimates, developing a design to meet specifications, liaison with other concerned activities, etc.
I.Prepares and conducts design reviews and design discussions with the customer (internal and external). Senior engineers are typically present in the most critical of these discussions, but to offer only minimal guidance.
J.Manages few projects of simple to high complexity.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft and Microsoft Office applications
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Mechanical Engineering Degree is Strongly Preferred
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling and the creation of detailed drawings
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes and ability to design for manufacturability
- Knowledge of DFSS tools and processes such as design of experiments, statistical analysis, tolerancing, etc.
- Experience with project and schedule management
- Knowledge of aerospace component test methods and capabilities
- Ability to interpret aerospace technical requirement, knowledge of industry standard requirements, and ability to flow system and component requirements down to sub-components
Eaton - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...