The Area Sales Director is an individual contributor sales role responsible for driving new subscription revenue opportunities within the St.Louis/Kansas region. This is a field-based role and this position is supported by the field-based pre-sales technical organization. This highly complex sales effort combines deep IT operational and financial understanding with an overriding need for solid business acumen in order to effectively convey the value of Apptio’s suite of applications to senior decision makers. In return, this position offers uncapped income potential in one of the most strategic, fastest-growing segments of the technology industry and an opportunity to join a company at the forefront of establishing de facto leadership in this new market.
- Prospect into large target accounts, building pipeline across a range of opportunities, managing multiple complex sales processes simultaneously, forecasting accurately and ultimately closing new customers for Apptio’s Technology Business Management SaaS offering.
- Articulate the Apptio value proposition to senior business leaders like the CIO or CFO based on a deep understanding of IT operations and management.
- Quickly grasp and convey key financial management concepts that are the core of the Apptio solution.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of highly successful enterprise technology sales experience, with a demonstrated track record of consistent over-achievement against assigned quota and a resulting high level of income attainment.
- Past experience should be with market leading companies that dominated their segment.
- Knowledge and experience in managing a highly complex technology sales process is essential.
- Experience in selling SaaS solutions, business/financial applications, or BI solutions is a plus.
- Prior experience in a start-up environment is not required but will be weighed positively.
- Candidates should have a strong executive presence – intelligent, polished, and articulate.
- Experience selling into insurance and/or banking industry preferred.
- Experience with long sales cycles preferred.
- Experience selling into the St. Louis/Kansas region preferred.
- This position will be located in the St.Louis/Kansas City, Missouri area.
- Frequent travel required visiting prospects and customers.
- Need to be able to work independently from home and during travel in an unstructured and fluid capacity in order to meet simultaneous sales objectives.
- Remote customer and internal work required; need to be comfortable in extended phone conversations, conference calls, and remote computer sessions.
- Work or travel on a weekend is sometimes required to meet customer and prospects needs to ensure successful revenue generation.