Job ID: 4874-1
Job Title: SQL Database Administrator
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: C
Job Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Roles And Responsibilities:
Practical knowledge of SQL DBMS objects such as system databases and recovery models.
Required Key Skills
- Develops security measures and policies for SQL Server to prevent unauthorized access.
- Recommends tools and resources to monitor SQL Server activity and provide key statistics and performance measures.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies to improve SQL Server functionality.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots problems related to SQL Server Environment.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Server 2005 or above.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Server connection protocols including Kerberos and NLTM.
- Deploy SSIS packages.
- Creates triggers, stored procedures, and query optimization plans.
- Creates normalized database objects.
- Creates SQL Server maintenance plans for DR planning and business continuity.
- Installs SQL Server as per best practices.
Desired Key Skills
- Backup and restore methodologies.
- Experience with failover clusters and load balancing and other high availability strategies.
- Experience troubleshooting bottle necks in SQL Server.
- Knowledgeable/ experienced with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS. SSAS, SSIS).
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Candidate must be able to communicate clearly with the development team, Project staff, and the user community.
- Strong Project skills
- Self Starter
- Minimal Management required
DatamanUSA, LLC - 17 months ago