The PCAOB is a nonprofit corporation established by Congress to oversee the audits of public companies in order to protect the interests of investors and further the public interest in the preparation of informative, accurate and independent audit reports. The PCAOB also oversees the audits of broker-dealers, including compliance reports filed pursuant to federal securities laws, to promote investor protection.
The PCAOB has a full-time, regular position for an Accounting Supervisor in the Office of Finance at its Washington, DC headquarters office. This position plays a key role in directing the company's internal and external financial reporting function. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Accounting, this position requires a candidate who is willing to assume a wide range of responsibilities in a professional environment.
- Coordinate and manage the entire monthly close process;
- Review and analyze budget vs. actual expenses;
- Analyze and report monthly financials;
- Create and maintain reporting structures as needed;
- Provide technical accounting support through research regarding significant and complex transactions;
- Organize data into meaningful reports, formatted for presentation to the Board and/or other senior management;
- Provide senior management will regular updates on the progress all monthly close procedures;
- Maintain standards of confidentiality with respect to all matters.