Position Summary: Responsible for creating and executing the safety criteria and other miscellaneous assigned duties on the project.
- Possess thorough understanding of project plans and schedule as it pertains to safety and the implementation of the overall project safety plan on the project.
- Create good working relationships with RC Site Management Team, Subcontractors, Safety Manager, Competent Person(s), OSHA Representatives and the Owner.
- Ability to clearly define and communicate the RC Site Safety Plan and expectations to all subcontractors regarding pre start orientation and on site workforce discipline adhering to safety requirements.
- Conduct Subcontractor Orientation Pre-Start Meetings. Gather and maintain onsite all applicable documentation and certifications.
- Review and monitor site security measures.
- Execute, enforce, and take corrective action of the project safety plan and rules.
- Conduct scheduled and random meetings and jobsite (daily) inspections on the project and the proper documentation thereof. Focus areas will include traffic control and flagging, aerial lift operations (certifications), fall protection and fire prevention/fire extinguisher program.
- Conduct Safety Toolbox Discussions at the weekly progress meeting.
- Provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all visitors and conduct any site visits with the architect, owner, local representatives, etc.
- Offer general assistance, upon request of the RC Site Superintendent supporting the RC Site Management Team.
Standards of Performance:
- Prior safety experience required.
- CPR/First Aid certification required.
- MIOSHA 10 Hour training certificate required.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Adherence to employment agreement.
- Quality performance of duties listed in job description.
- Adherence to corporate policies as described in RC Policy manual.
- Report to work on-time.
- Respectful interaction with other employees, owners, consultants, subcontractors and general public.
EmployDIVERSITY - 2 years ago