One of the city's top Luxury Floral & Event Design companies is looking for a sharp & savvy Expeditor to help dispatch with our daily deliveries.
Please Note: This is an Entry Level position with LOTS of potential to grow as the company continues to expand. We constantly have higher opportunities.
COMPENSATION: $30,000 annually
DAYS - MONDAY - FRIDAY (9:00am - 6:00pm)
BENEFITS OFFERED AFTER 90 DAYS
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Supervising (3) In-House drivers and expedite any orders that come from any of our 3 locations.
- Responsible for setting production activities into motion.
- Quality control for all floral and event arrangements leaving the building.
- Assisting each driver with the packing of goods and arrangements for events or retail.
- Making sure each job is on-schedule and arrives on-time with no conflicts or hiccups.
- Manage and hire all outside and third party drivers when needed.
- Ordering any needed rental vehicles for larger events.
- Organizing daily schedules and assigning each driver with one.
- Handling all the drivers' needs (ex: credit card for gas, parking cards, days off, write-ups, etc.).
- Handling and troubleshooting any problems or issues surrounding any of the 3 vehicles (ex: accidents, insurance, tickets, service changes, repairs, etc.).
- Budgeting of the drivers' hours
- Handle changes in delivery schedules initiated by customers by communicating properly with the Coordinator or Manager in place.
- Efficiency at procuring trucks for unusual pick-ups and deliveries: such as late night events or breakdowns
- Organizing all break-downs and rotations with the drivers.
- Submit all monthly driver logs to the Accounting Department.
- 2 years' experience in a Manager/Supervisor role
- Very Punctual (Remember each delivery will go through you first. If you're late, the delivery is late.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Word/Power Point
- Experience with a POS system.
- Positive Attitude.
- Able to deal with stressful situations at times.
- Floral experience a plus.
Essentially, this is a dispatcher position while supervising 3 temperamental drivers. We need someone with a thick skin who can make sure each delivery arrives in fantastic condition.
As we stated above, this is an Entry level position that can blossom into higher position with the right candidate.