The Communications Watch Officer (CWO) shall be the primary point of contact between the Treasury Operations Center (TOC) and other federal, state, and local entities and foreign government officials. The CWO shall provide Treasury senior executive communications support – to include the Secretary and the Deputy Secretary - on 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year basis. The CWO will handle calls of Senior Government officials to and from the Secretary of Treasury, his staff and others as directed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Provide routine professional, error-free communications with Executive cabinet members, their staff and foreign government officials
- Answer and properly transfer or conference unclassified and classified telephone calls to the Treasury Operations Center and senior Treasury leadership.
- Setup unclassified and classified conference calls using all available assets.
- Manage and operate the Treasury Department Alert and Notification systems and Command Caller. Activation of systems will be approved by the Senior Watch Officer at the Treasury Operations Center.
- Update the Treasury’s Leadership Contact Database with the contact numbers and location of Treasury senior leadership.
- Provide technical guidance and informal training to Treasury personnel on communications systems.
- Maintain a daily checklist log to ensure all communications systems remain operational.
- Transmit and receive facsimile traffic for senior Treasury leadership.
- Provide surge support for National Special Security Events (NSSE), exercises, deployments and incidents.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Experience dealing with high tempo, stressful environments required
- Experience providing communications support to senior executive level personnel (private sector or government) required
- Candidate must be available to work shifts.
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Top Secret SCI clearance with SSBI conducted within 36 months desired.
Daily shift work in the DC area with periodic, short duration work at an alternate site in West Virginia