- 1 - 2 years experience preferred
- Customer service skills are required
- Supervisory experience is preferred
Manages other coordinators and rehab units. Monitors, evaluates, enhances and redesigns the operations, systems and processes of the department/clinic. The position may also involve patient care appropriate to location. Requires knowledge of the behaviors, developmental stages, physical and emotional needs, life cycle changes, culture, and comfort and care appropriate to the population served. Populations served by the department are identified in the department's scope of service. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Bachelor"s degree in rehabilitation science required.
- Current ST, OT, PT licensure in the state of Indiana (and Ohio, if necessary) or temporary licensure permit in the particular rehab profession. Current American Heart Association (AHA) CPR preferred or American Red Cross equivalent, at point of hire or must obtain AHA CPR within 1st week of orientation prior to patient care required. Two years Rehab Coordinator, Clinical or supervisory experience preferred.
- 1-3 yrs Management Exp preferred
- Requires effective communication skills, verbal and written.
- Requires licensure is considered minimal competence unless an event of error occurs.
- Must have the ability to occasionally work in a standing position and do frequent walking. Must have the ability to occasionally stoop, kneel and bend. Must have the ability to occasionally squat, lift, bend and turn to transfer a patient between two surfaces or from a sitting position to a standing position. Must have the ability to physically apply up to 10 pounds of pressure in performing CPR. Must have the ability to evaluate problem situation in depth and come to independent, appropriate conclusions. Must have the ability to use of independent judgment and discretion. Must have the ability to coordinate and complete a variety of assignments simultaneously, as well as, correctly prioritize and delegate based on caseload and patient needs. Must have the ability to document in clear and concise fashion with appropriate grammar and word usage. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with patient families, physicians, co-workers, supervisors and other personnel on a one-to-one basis using appropriate grammar, vocabulary and word usage. Must have the ability to respond and react immediately with unimpeded auditory perception of verbal/vocal instruction and auditory auscultation. Must have the ability to achieve outcomes with respect to the coordinating of patient care activities with others; patient education/discharge planning, supervision and direction of support staff and students.
Indiana University Health - 14 months ago