The hospice aide provides personal care, supportive services, education, and light household duties. The aide will communicate changes to the RN Case Manager and complete documentation to reflect assigned duties set by the RN Case Manager. The Hospice Aide will utilize the IDT team to assist in this process.
1. Supports agency and corporate policies, goals, and objectives.
2. Assists with personal care including:
- Promotes a positive working relationship within agency.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, as requested.
- Promotes hospice philosophy.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to supervisor.
3. Complies with competency and educational requirements.
- Tub, shower, whirlpool or bed bath
- Hair shampoo
- Nail and skin care
- Oral hygiene
- Toileting and elimination
- Safe transfer technique and ambulation
- Range of motion
- Dressing changes as directed on POC
- Takes vital signs as directed by RN case manager
- Assists with family needs at time of death
4. Performs light housework.
- Maintains current competency checklist.
- Meets educational requirements at 12 one-hour in-services annually.
5. Other duties as performed or assigned.
- Cleans area around patient, bathroom, kitchen, or other light housekeeping chores.
- Maintains a safe environment.
- Delivers meds and supplies.
- Current CNA licensure in state of employment.
- Ability to successfully complete competency evaluation program. This includes a written test and a skills evaluation.
- Knowledge and acceptance of hospice philosophy.
- Must be of high integrity including maintenance of confidential information including all patient records.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends.
- Has a valid driver's license, auto liability insurance and dependable vehicle for work in the service area.
- Ability to meet physical job requirements as specified by attachment.
Hospice Compassus - 15 months ago
Opening its first hospice in 1979, Hospice Compassus is a family of community-based hospices. Our nationwide network is a vast resource...