Job Description & Qualifications
This position will work with cross functional teams to deliver improved thermal management (engine, electrified powertrain, and climate) for next generation electrified vehicles including Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV), Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV) and Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV).
- Leading thermal system architecture analysis for next generation electrified vehicles
- Lead cross functional analysis efforts, including working with tool creators in Ford Research to develop needed analytical tool sets.
- Work with cross functional teams to unify requirements
- Develop solutions that minimize the impact on vehicle energy consumption for both On-Cycle and 'real world' drives.
- Lead discussions of attribute tradeoffs for thermal system designs
- Work with the Climate team to perform hardware selection early in the program
- Work with the Electrical and Climate Controls teams to optimize communications with the Electrified Powertrain.
- Undergraduate engineering degree is required (BSMS/BSEE). MSME/MSEE preferred.
- 2-5 years automotive systems experience.
- 2-3 years PT controls systems background
- Excellent people skills and the ability to interface with several teams is a must.
- Strong background in thermodynamics and automotive thermal management is required.
- Working knowledge of thermal/CFD simulation tools (ACSIM, UH3D, Fluent, MATLAB) is desired.
- Working knowledge of automotive product development methodology is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting experience is required.
- Working knowledge of vehicle and climate control calibration desired
- Working knowledge of Ford Calibration Toolset a plus
This assignment will challenge your ability to work across multiple functions and in non-traditional environments. The Hybrid Climate Team is at the center of delivering the next generation of electrified vehicles for Ford. The Electrified Powertrain Engineering organization is responsible for developing and delivering electrified vehicle programs for all Ford Motor Company brands globally.
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job.
Come discover a Company that is focused on designing better cars, but also cares about you, your family and your community. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.