Manager, Supply Chain Services - Southfield, MI-1300427
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Manager, Supply Chain Services is responsible for the management of the finished goods flow through the Coatings supply chain to achieve the timely and successful material flow into OEM assembly plants. In addition, responsible for the creation and monitoring of material and customer master data in SPASS and SAP. Acts as the Logistics functional expert by executing SPASS/SAP related projects. The position reports to the Group Logistics Manager.
STRATEGIC IMPORTANCE: This position provides leadership to design, implement and direct the Supply Chain operational processes, procedures and systems related to material coordination (U.S./Canada) and material master data (NAFTA) to effectively support customer and business requirements.
- Identify appropriate processes and KPI’s for Material Coordinator and Master Data functions and oversees the execution and continuous improvement.
- Manages cross functional interfaces to support the optimal execution of these roles. Maintains a team relationship with Accounts, Finance, Technical, Site Logistics Managers, Finite and Master Production Schedulers, FTSR’s Commercial Support, Marketing, Manufacturing, 3PL Warehouses.
- Overall responsiblity for implementing and maintaining GLM labeling across N-ECN.
- Represents N-ECN Supply Chain on SPASS/SAP related projects and fulfills the SPASS Accreditor role for N-ECN.
- Encourages subordinates to strive for operational excellence by continually challenging old methods or ways of thinking and taking responsible risks to maximize results; serves as a role model in innovative thinking and in focusing on quality within work.
Responsibilities Common to All:
- Performance Management - establish targets for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) track performance, and take actions to improve.
- Non-conformance Management (NCM) – contact point for supply chain/logistics related non-conformances in assigned area. Responsible for investigation and settlement.
- Cross-Functional Teamwork – work with Corporate Logistics, 3PL’s, IT, and other functions within the business to improve supply chain performance.
- Identifies and implements improvements in department Supply Chain Management policies, processes and procedures to improve the management of risk, to improve the partnering with suppliers and customers, and to improve the agility of the business to respond to changes in the market.
- Accepts responsibility for achieving results to goals/objectives within own area of responsibility, holding self and others accountable for results.
Safety and Quality
- Promote and provide a safe working environment for all employees.
- Ensure all employees adhere to proper use of PPE requirements.
- Ensure all employees adhere to company physical/medical programs.
- Report all accidents and incidents into the accident reporting database in a timely manner.
- Practice the documented Quality policies and procedures as outlined in the Quality system.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BA/BS degree in Business, Logistics, or related field. MBA desirable.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in Supply Chain Management, particularly in a multi-channel supply chain environment
- Strong leadership and change management skills
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing concepts
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter
- Works independently under general supervision
- High effective data analysis skills
- Excellent MS-Office skills
- Advanced SAP material master data experience
- APICS CPIM or CIRM certification or nearing completion of certification
- Developed project management skills, including the ability to establish a plan and facilitate execution to successfully deliver results against an assigned set of tasks or objectives.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
- BASF Business Knowledge (General - Office, Notes, Explorer, etc...)
- Business Applications Knowledge (SAP R3 in Logistics/Supply Chain Functions)
- Contract Management
- Data Analysis
- Distribution Processes
- Foreign Trade/Import-Export
- Manufacturing Process Knowledge
- Process and Organization Structure
- Product Knowledge
- Supply Chain Planning & Operations
- Transportation Management
- Customer focus
- Business and financial acumen
- Personal and team leadership
- Analytical thinking
- Influencing and impact/persuasiveness
- Entrepreneurial acting/initiative
- Organizational awareness
- Strategic thinking
- Communication and interpersonal understanding
- Conflict management
- Intercultural orientation
- Quality Orientation and Attention to Detail
- Striving for Achievement
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Southfield
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America
BASF - 17 months ago
BASF SE, formerly BASF AG, is a Germany-based chemical company. The Company has six business segments: Chemicals, Plastics, Performance...