New England Life Care (NELC) is a leading provider of home infusion therapy services and the regions only non-profit provider of such services. Created by local hospitals to ensure their patients have access to a provider that reflects their commitment to excellence, quality care, and ethics. Like our owner hospitals, NELC provides patient focused care. If interested in leaning more about a unique organization that is rapidly growing, please visit our website at www.nelifecare.org.
We currently have a full time (32-40hrs/wk) opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Liaison to work at our member hospitals in the coastal NH/southern ME area. Responsibilities include facilitating timely patient discharges by coordinating services between NELC and hospital case managers, physicians and other health care professionals at their assigned hospital(s).
- Gather and communicate to NELC’s intake department patient demographic, clinical, and reimbursement information;
- Assess needs and abilities of the patient and/or their care giver;
- Participate in patient/care giver training;
- Communicate results of insurance coverage to hospital case manager or patient;
- Act as a liaison between NELC and all appropriate hospital departments;
- Assist in identifying new referral opportunities.
- R.N. Maine license in good standing
- Current BLS certificate
- Valid drivers license & in good standing
- Minimum 3 years nursing experience
- Excellent patient assessment skills;
- Working knowledge of home infusion therapy administration/equipment use preferred.
- Infusion experience preferred but we are willing to train motivated applicants.
Medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life, paid time off, 403B plan with company match.