This position analyzes and identifies best practices regarding the use of Tidewell’s clinical information systems to promote continuity of patient care. Recommends systems and project priorities to successfully deliver established strategic objectives. Serves as the primary liaison between Tidwell’s Information Technology and the EVP/Chief Clinical Officer in supporting defined Clinical operations and directives.
Primary tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
1. Promotes and practices the Hospice mission and values and follows policies and procedures of the organization.
2. Monitors and analyzes clinical software system usage and proactively identifies opportunities to improve utilization, expand or modify the system to promote increased clinical staff productivity, serve new purposes and/or improve work flow.
3. Sets up and maintains the Allscript Databases, reports and entry fields for use within key organizational departments and business units.
4. Ensures the systems meet all compliance requirements and regulations for all CHAP, AHCA, CMS, private insurance, HIPAA and other Federal/State guidelines.
5. Collaborates with the Information Technology Department to develop plans, identify and solve problems and ensure the optimum operation of all related systems.
6. Documents key system requirements, milestones, project plans, and delivery of associated information technology projects.
7. Collaborates with departments and teams in the evaluation, planning, development and implementation of the clinical software system to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
8. Communicates vision and progress of system improvements, changes, updates and advancements across all levels of the organization.
9. Coordinates system testing to insure data validity and to identify/resolve related problems.
10. Manage Celltrak and Physician Portal Websites.
Every incidental duty connected with the Clinical Information Systems Director position cannot be specified in the job description and the colleague, at the discretion of the Sr. Informations System Administrator, may be required to perform duties that are not included in this job description.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is required to sit for long periods at a time; type using a computer keyboard; visually read information off of a computer monitor; orally communicate information over the telephone; hear; and lift up to 20lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes close vision and color vision.
1. Associate Degree required, Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university preferred.
2. Current RN Florida licensure required.
3. 3-5 years experience within the IT functional setting in a home care or hospice organization.
4. An equivalent combination of professional experience and education may be considered as meeting the Education/Professional requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Excellent knowledge of Allscripts database required.
2. Sound balance of IT understanding and technical savvy.
3. Ability to identify opportunities to improve organizational processes.
4. Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills with the ability to communicate ideas clearly to individuals representing a broad range of skills and experiences.
5. Knowledge of functional areas within organization and how they work together.
6. Ability to address needs and changes communicated by departments and guide through process.
7. Excellent project management and organization skills, detail-oriented.
8. Able to multi-task under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
9. Flexible, open to new ideas and courses of action.
10. Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
11. Must work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
12. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and keyboarding skills of 30 wpm.
13. Possess a valid Florida driver’s license and current auto insurance.
14. Ability to travel within the Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, and Desoto counties.
Tidewell Hospice - 9 months ago