This position is accountable for providing quotations to customers by utilizing advanced sales and technical expertise to prepare quotation packages for the Company's largest and most complex projects. Coordinates bid strategy with outside sales representatives. Interprets complex customer requirements and offers solutions that maximize profitability and add value for the customer. Assigns work to the quotation support staff.
1. Demonstrates extensive knowledge of SE products. Communicates with customer and consultant to determine project requirements.
2. Determines current and future customer needs and provides quotation for optimum delivery based on plant capacity and customer requirements.
3. Reviews customer specifications/drawings to ensure quote is technically compatible and competitive.
4. Understands, analyzes, documents, and communicates contractual, technical and commercial terms and conditions relative to the company standard.
5. Serves as peer expert for proposal questions including complex technical issues and bid strategies.
6. Reviews and analyzes volume of quotes/hit rate in the market place. Develops a sales strategy and recommends solutions to increase proposal based business.
7. Follows up on outstanding quotations to secure orders, improve quotation process and measure effectiveness. Communicates to group importance of using new tools and technology to improve efficiency.
8. Responsible for the bidding process regarding large, complex proposals, process design consulting or manufacturing services.
Schneider Electric - 9 months ago
If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical...