The Community Engagement Associate is responsible for recruiting, building and maintaining relationships with Illinois Action for Children (IAFC) members; identifying and fostering leadership within the membership; and focusing on intensive community organizing in selected areas of the state . The Associate promotes IAFC programs and initiatives by making meaningful connections with providers and families. The Associate provides consumer education and resources to families and providers, and engages families and providers in community and professional meetings.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Manages campaigns for community education and engagement in targeted communities.
- Build relationships with local grassroots advocates in order to recruit and develop early care and education leaders in Illinois.
- Assist in coordinating statewide membership events including the Parent Rally Day, Conference and Lobby Day, Statewide Public Policy Caucuses and Other regional or community based events.
- Creates opportunities for dialogue within communities to enable providers and families to inform the work of Illinois Action for Children.
- Participates in staff training across IAFC departments to ensure PPA and IDHS priorities are understood by all staff that work with providers and families, coordinating staff participation in community engagement opportunities.
- Connects providers and families to appropriate IAFC programs and services based on assessment of needs.
This position requires:
- Bachelor's degree and one to two years related experience and/or training; One to two years experience in grassroots organizing; public speaking and presentation skills, writing and editing is also required
's license and good driving record required Excellent communications and community organizing skills Ability to travel throughout city and state
Location: 4753 N. Broadway, Chicago
- Access to reliable personal transportation, insurance, valid driver
Illinois Action for Children - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard