Senior Application Management Engineer
Norman, Oklahoma based
ABOUT MSCI Inc. ( www.msci.com )
MSCI Inc. is a leading provider of investment decision support tools to investors globally, including asset managers, banks, hedge funds and pension funds. MSCI products and services include indices, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and governance tools.
The company’s flagship product offerings are: the MSCI indices which include over 120,000 daily indices covering more than 70 countries; Barra portfolio risk and performance analytics covering global equity and fixed income markets; RiskMetrics market and credit risk analytics; ISS out-sourced proxy research, voting and vote reporting services; CFRA forensic accounting risk research, legal/regulatory risk assessment, and due-diligence; and FEA valuation models and risk management software for the energy and commodities markets. MSCI is headquartered in New York, with research and commercial offices around the world.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
We are currently seeking an Application Engineer to join our Norman, Oklahoma campus based Information Technology center of excellence.
- Manage system/software configurations and troubleshoot environment issues
- Manage production hardware and software resources including coordinating maintenance and outages with infrastructure and business groups
- Collaborate with development and software testing teams throughout the release process
- Analyze and identify key areas for automation and optimization, including improvements in system performance, processes, deployments and training
- Development and maintenance of automated operational checks utilizing Perl, Python and Shell (Bash)
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- Strong Python/Perl or Linux Scripting experience required
- Database experience a plus – Oracle/MySQL skills
- Excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting skills, fast learner
- Good working knowledge of Linux & Windows Administration
- Proven Network/Application troubleshooting
- Apache/Tomcat/Web Services experience preferred
- Experience working with distributed teams located in other offices/time-zones
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or other similar concentration or equivalent experience
- Working towards or completion of MS or related degree a plus
- 4+ years experience in Application Support/System administration or other similar technical field preferred.
MSCI - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard