The incumbent will be responsible for working with the business development, sales and marketing teams as a subject matter consultant on legal issues pertaining to digital investigations including electronic evidence discovery, privacy, cyber-security, and records retention. Responsibilities include consulting with corporate counsel at companies who are procuring or have procured our software to establish an internal eDiscovery and/or Cybersecurity capability. Secondarily, the incumbent will work with outside law firms and consultants on joint client projects; conduct speaking engagements, write contributed articles and white papers and develop business through contacts within the legal and corporate community. |
- Partner with the Sales and Business Development teams on specific and mature Enterprise eDiscovery and Cybersecurity software opportunities on a pre and post sales basis. Includes opportunities in the United States and EMEA.
- Monitor and conduct legal research for new legislation, case law and government regulations, which may affect which may impact and affect positioning of company software and services.
- Serve as a strategic consultant to the company’s Sales, Marketing and Professional Services on matters of electronic discovery, privacy, cyber-security, records retention and compliance.
- Lecture and draft white papers and contributed articles on electronic evidence discovery matters, privacy, cyber-security, and compliance issues.
- Develop and Produce Training Classes and Materials For Corporate Counsel
- Coordinate with General Counsel to assist with handling internal legal matters for Guidance.
- J.D. degree from a top-ranking, ABA accredited school.
- Min. 3 to 5 years experience in a law firm or software/technology industry corporate counsel.
- Law firm partner level business development experience.
- Min. 3 years experience handling matters of electronic evidence discovery, privacy and computer forensics through litigation management. Good knowledge of electronic evidence discovery and privacy fields.
- Knowledge of electronic evidence discovery and privacy legal requirements in EMEA.
- Superior writing, communication and group presentation skills.
- Outstanding work ethic, strong interpersonal skills and a results-oriented, innovative style.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in MS Office (including Excel Spreadsheets and Word) and Westlaw or Lexis.
Strong proficiency in computer software/information technology
Guidance Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations
Guidance Software Inc. - 21 months ago