Position Summary: |
***Must be able to work 12 hour shifts from 6 AM to 7 PM on weekends and during the week.***
Responsible for patient meal service on assigned floors/units.
Position Expectations and Responsibilities:
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
- Expected to attend and participate in at least 75% of department staff meetings as well as participate in hospital meetings, forums and seminars.
- Expected to provide meal service to approximately 20-35 patients.
- Expected to obtain daily menu selections in a timely fashion.
- Expected to initiate patient tray assembly, check trays for completeness and accuracy, and make adjustments if necessary.
- Expected to deliver food cart to floors.
- Expected to pass patient trays and late trays.
- Expected to collect soiled trays from patient room and pantry.
- Expected to provide between-meal services to patients/family members.
- Expected to distribute diet explanation brochures.
- Expected to perform limited computer functions.
- Expected to explain alternative menu options.
- Expected to answer phone calls from patients in a timely fashion.
- Expected to exhibit a pleasant, courteous, and compassionate demeanor.
- Expected to recognize the influence of beliefs and cultures on behaviors and accept strengths and limitations in others.
- Expected to exhibit adaptability, flexibility, self control and maturity in work and behavior.
- Expected to exhibit calm responsiveness to emergency or stressful situations.
- Expected to recognize situations which require notification of a supervisor.
*Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duty before, during and or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) including evacuation sites.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) OR Three to six months related experience and/or training
- Licensure/Regulation/Certification: N/A
*The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and should adhere to all smoking restrictions.
* In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted an influenza prevention vaccination program. Employees must either choose to receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge or wear a mask during the recognized flu season in areas in which patient care occurs. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital ’s Human Resources Department at 561-955-4075.