Avalon Health Care is seeking a dependable, organized and dedicated Maintenance Director !
The Maintenance Director will ensure the building(s), equipment and utilities are maintained in good working order and facility grounds are properly maintained in accordance with facility policies and state and Federal Regulations.
- Perform minor repairs and supervise the day-to-day repair, improvement and preventative maintenance of the building, equipment, lawn and grounds; arrange for and manage outside repair, maintenance and construction services according to procedures; and may perform and supervise floor care.
- Supervise maintenance staff in the day-to-day facility operations of assigned areas. Make job assignments and set priorities. Orient new staff and participate in recruitment and selection. Communicate policies, assist and coach as needed.
- Monitor work assignments, provide feedback, evaluate performance and discipline as needed.
- Maintain record manage budgets and supplies, and fulfill department head responsibilities.
- Ensure equipment and work areas are clean, safe and orderly; and strict adherence to procedures regarding cleaners or hazardous materials or objects; ensure Universal Precautions and infection control, isolation, fire, safety and sanitation practices and procedures are followed; and promptly address any hazardous conditions and equipment.
- Assist other as requested and function as a working supervisor in all areas of responsibilities as the departments’ budgeted hours and work-load require.
Candidates should have related experience as well as excellent leadership skills!
- Comply with Company policies involving all safety and infection control procedures to include the proper use of mechanical lifts, gait belts and personal protective back supports.
Our post-acute facilities are physician-led, quality-driven, and patient-centered. This patient focus and standard of care allows our employees to build long term, meaningful relationships with our patients. That is why Avalon employees proudly say “We embrace a reverence for life and a heart for healing.”
We are looking for like-minded individuals who welcome responsibility and are excited to uphold our core principles. With enthusiasm and compassion, our Avalon family works with our patients and their families as well as with our communities to celebrate life every day!
If you seek to use your mind and your heart to improve lives on a daily basis, come join our team! We offer great challenges and opportunities for personal fulfillment!
Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents and families and to work cooperatively with other associates.
Basic understanding of computer technology, including email use.
Must maintain regular attendance.
Must meet all local health regulations, and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
Related experience at a level necessary to accomplish the job.