The Maintenance Coordinator is to safely provide superior maintenance clerical and administrative service to our internal and external customers. The Maintenance Coordinator (Planner) “owns” the work order system. This is accomplished by actively performing appropriate plant and/or maintenance department day‐to‐day and project planning with superior recordkeeping processes. The Maintenance Planner works as an independent decision maker and directs day‐to‐day work activities of the Maintenance Department. The Maintenance Planner has authority for purchasing parts and supplies for the facility with established budgetary guidelines. This position is salaried.
The objective of the Maintenance Coordinator is to further foster cooperative and productive business relationships between departments and all plant personnel. This position will actively participate in planning and scheduling plant projects, planned maintenance, process improvement, predictive maintenance and condition monitoring of all plant equipment with a focus on reducing production downtime by orchestrating resources with the Plant Leadership with the guidance of the Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Coordinator will communicate regularly in order to schedule and plan work, identifying equipment availability in order to effectively execute required activities on all plant equipment. The Maintenance Coordinator must have a commanding use of the JDE computer platform within the parameter levels set for the position, including effectively managing the work order system. The Maintenance Coordinator actively participates in the RockTenn safety processes while working with the awareness that all accidents are preventable.
The Maintenance Coordinator contributes to the organization as follows:
1. Performs all job duties in a safe and conscientious manner utilizing the appropriate safety training and job safety analysis procedures established by the plant safety guidelines.
2. Supports and helps drive the OPX / LSS (Lean Six Sigma) process through the use of a comprehensive closed loop work order system. The Maintenance Coordinator is the Work Order System Champion. “ No work will be done without a Work Order” will be the practice and that all labor time be charged to the work order.
3. Ensures a closed‐loop work order system. The original work requestors will be kept informed, on an ongoing basis, of the status of their work requests.
4. Assures assigned work to all department technicians that contribute to the efficiency of the Maintenance workforce.
5. Assists management in supporting the standard and expectations of Maintenance Department performance for optimum plant operations.
6. Serves as facility JDE Maintenance implementation champion and works with Area / Regional / Division personnel to achieve full compliance with defined standards.
7. Coordinates the use of materials and verifies material supply chain management for all plant departments for planning purposes.
8. Assists the Maintenance Lead person, with the guidance of the Maintenance Manager, in administering the standards and expectations of maintenance department performance.
9. Performs a variety of office/clerical responsibilities as required to support the effectiveness of the maintenance department and maintenance personnel.
10. Ensures that completed work orders, including planned projects, activities and services rendered to the plant are accurately recorded in the JDE system in order to continuously improve repetitive jobs, including Preventative Maintenance task lists. Records are to be readily retrievable by others.
13. Develops, monitors, and measures maintenance part purchasing processes against plant‐ and corporate‐published policies and procedures.
High school diploma or equivalency required. Some college experience preferred.
1‐3 years experience in manufacturing environment; material purchasing and planning desired. 1 year manufacturing maintenance system applications environment preferred.
Strong computer/data entry experience and familiarization with Microsoft Office programs.