Your role as Prepared Foods Supervisor will include assisting with scheduling, supervision of team members as well as with the day-to-day flow of the department. Additionally, you will maintain attractive Prepared Foods displays and support the regional Prepared Foods vision. You will work closely with the Prepared Foods Team Leader and Associate Team Leader(s) to ensure smooth operation of the Prepared Foods Team. Prepared Foods Supervisors include supervision of Shifts (nights), Kitchen, Salad Bar, Service Venues, and other major Sub Team areas. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delightful food.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment that supports a high Team Member morale.
- Assist in training of new Team Members to build and sustain a high-performance team, utilizing learning checklists and training materials. May also assist with interviewing.
- Supervise and delegate tasks to Team Members and uphold production and quality standards.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of Prepared Foods Team Member.
- Open and close department according to established procedures.
- Determine break schedule and ensure all necessary breaks are given.
- Oversee the department and resolve difficult customer situations.
- Communicate team concerns to the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader.
- Support all Whole Foods Market programs (Global, Regional, Store, etc).
- Communicate and maintain Team Member safety and security standards and follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
Essential Job Functions:
- Previous kitchen, culinary, deli, restaurant, kitchen management, cooking or customer service experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of Prepared Foods Team procedures and policies.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and delegate responsibilities.
- Proactive in all aspects of the job.
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner.
- Strong organizational skills and basic computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Use of box cutters.
Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
Whole Foods Market - 19 months ago
Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated 275...