Investment Banking Sr. Associate-Nashville, TN - 1300201
: Job Summary:
Under general direction with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience, to have a positive impact on the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) and the firm through the development of the team, managing the Investment Banking (IB) Analyst, and execute and generate business for the department. Works on major projects, programs or processes with significant business impact involving cross-functional teams. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments. Extensive contact with Senior Management is required, to provide comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces factual and accurate information that's presented to the client.
- Seeks opportunities for development through the job itself, through special assignments, training, or external activities.
- Attracts and retains quality professionals that will have a positive impact on the SBU and Raymond James (RJ).
- Trains, mentors, and evaluates interns, analysts, and associates performance potential.
- Supervises the analyst's performance expectations and evaluation criteria.
- Prepares and delivers standard and tailored presentations and pitches to clients.
- Exhibits regarding all major companies in the targeted sub-sectors; having expertise in at least one sub-sector.
- Assists with the execution of M&A and financing transactions, financial modeling, industry and comparable company analysis.
- Documents and supports the execution of new financing issues for corporate clients.
- Identifies new entrants into the space and targets these companies for attention.
- Originates new corporate finance ideas for clients and potential clients.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of Investment Banking.
- Advanced investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of Tax and Accounting.
- Financial markets and products.
- Analyzing and interpreting financial statements.
- Analytical skills sufficient to assess and explain events in the market.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think independently sufficient to market ideas.
- Defining high standards of quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to reports.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Remain cognizant of our commitment to daily workflow and regulatory compliance during high volume activity.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions.
- Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
- Prepare and deliver clear, effective and professional presentations.
- Be proactive and demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
- Lead the work of other and provide training, coaching and mentoring.
- Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with all organizational levels.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Raymond James Financial, Inc. - 10 months ago
You can call it Ray. You can call it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and financial...