OS Software Engineering Manager
You will be responsible for managing a team that researches, analyzes, and develops operating system software enhancements for Microsoft operating systems (OS) and Microsoft virtualization products onsite at Microsoft. You will be working closely with the tablet, mobile, desktop and server architecture and product groups at Intel and Microsoft development leads.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Growing, managing and motivating an elite technical team.
- Developing and managing technical relationships with Microsoft development leads.
- Researching, implementing and driving adoption of optimized alternatives and algorithms for Windows* OS and Virtualization products. These optimizations will involve security, power and performance optimizations and feature enhancements to support advanced Intel microprocessors, chipsets, SoCs and platforms.
- Reviewing and enabling processor and platform features for core Windows* OS and Virtualization products
- Analyzing and evaluating system and processor errata for current systems and future Intel(c) processors and platforms
- Be the technical lead for resolving driver and kernel issues
- Defining and driving processor and platform features and architecture definition into future Intel(c) processors and platforms
Candidate must possess a minimum of a MS master of science in Computer Science, or other relevant degree, or the alternative of a BS degree + 10 years post degree experience. Must also demonstrate familiarity with Intel(c) architecture
Expert knowledge and hands on experience OS fundamentals, OS internals, OS-level APIs, Kernel debugger, driver development, System level development / prototype, C/ASM programming, data structures and Algorithms.
Experience resolving driver and kernel issues
2+ years of management of software developers / development team
Proven track record of Windows OS optimization
Knowledgeable of processor architecture.
Experience with Microsoft and the Microsoft Operating system a plus.
Experience developing and/or debugging software for HW devices or SoCs is highly desired. Knowledge of WHQL certification a plus.
Expertise in one or more core technologies such as platform power management, low power IO, sensor architecture, IO driver stacks (such as USB, storage, networking etc.), and virtualization is highly desired
Ability to work independently / remotely, manage a development team and drive problems to a solution within Intel or Microsoft
Nov 29, 2012
Feb 25, 2013
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...