Under immediate supervision, prepares, sterilizes and distributes a variety of supplies and equipment; performs related work as required.
• Decontaminates and cleans all equipment maintained in Central Sterile Supply (CSS), ensuring good working order.
• Labels processed equipment.
• Issues sterile equipment and supplies to patient care units as requested.
• Process and sterilize instruments and supplies.
• Assembles instrument set, packages instruments, towel packs etc.
• Operates steam and gas sterilizers and autoclaves.
• Picks inventory for each OR case (schedules and add on)
• Assist with inventory as needed.
• Prepares or assists with recordkeeping as needed.
• Cleans work area.
• Communicates with health team members.
• Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other assigned duties.
• High school diploma or GED preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Skilled in effective oral and written communication in English.
• CRCST Certification
• Prior experience as a sterile processing technician or as a surgical scrub technician.
Mary Greeley Medical Center - 2 years ago