Sling Media, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS), is the maker of the internationally acclaimed and award-winning Slingbox that turns Internet-connected PCs, Macs, smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs into your home television allowing you to watch and control your own TV from virtually anywhere in the world.
Sling Media is looking for a top-notch and experienced Product Manager to join our team. As we continue to improve our users’ experience of watching their favorite content at home in addition to from anywhere remotely, we are seeking a product leader to drive multiple teams and work with senior management to define, launch, and manage new personal media and 10-ft TV UI-related features.
- Define features and roadmap for new personal media and 10-ft TV UI-related features. Take into consideration competitive market and product landscape, user needs and wants, customer support data, internal Sling objectives and roadmap, technical feasibility, costs, timing, etc. Develop PRDs and define priority of product requirements.
- Collaborate with respective Product Managers (e.g. firmware, web, mobile, backend services) and UX team in developing new features and ensuring appropriate support in product ecosystem.
- Collaborate with Engineering Leads to develop project milestones and drive development and testing progress against milestones.
- Drive launch, marketing, and customer support activities by working with beta testing team, Marketing, and Customer Experience.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to develop product/ feature positioning and related sales/ marketing activities. Help evangelize our products by working with Marketing/ PR and interacting with the press as well as representing Sling at industry events.
- Continuously use business feedback and tracking data to track progress and refine requirements based on key business objectives.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management in consumer digital media; connected TV and online video product experience preferred. Ideal candidate will have experiences in personal media, video, and TV-based hardware and software products, and in integrating multiple 3rd party services
- Proven and consistent track record of driving multi-disciplined teams and launching products. Ideal candidate would have experience driving products within a complex ecosystem with interdependent hardware, software, as well as backend components
- Demonstrated expertise in managing both technical and business aspects of a retail product or product line
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, be it discussing detailed specs with technical teams, or communicating product decisions and roadmap to Senior Management
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently within a diverse, geographically-distributed, and multicultural environment, and with teams across all functions and management levels. Ideal candidate will have experience driving agile prototyping and development efforts
- Proven ability to thrive under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and execute effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Technical degree (BS/ MS) required; graduate degree/MBA preferred
The successful candidate will be:
- A "product person" at heart and passionate about building great new products
- Someone with startup DNA, a can-do mentality, and second-nature of doing "a lot with a little"
- A results-oriented achiever who can execute
- An ego-free team player with a roll-up-the-sleeves, do-whatever-it-takes-to-get-it-done-right attitude
- Exceptionally smart, self-motivated, highly dedicated to excellence, and will always strive to go above and beyond in his/her work
- Someone who can be self-directed and can "take the ball and run with it"
- Someone who sees the big picture while delivering with excellence on the details that matter
- A dynamic, motivated, resourceful, and results-oriented creative thinker and problem solver
- Positive in attitude with a great sense of humor