Originates mortgage loans in an assigned territory; develops referral relationships with realtors, builders, bankers, and other sources in order to proactively solicit business and conduct sales-related activities, frequently outside of U.S. Bank locations, in order to meet specific loan volume origination goals. Counsels customers, takes applications, conducts preliminary underwriting reviews, and submits loan applications to processing and underwriting for approval using laptop technology. Remains front line contact with customers and realtors to ensure that documents required for processing, underwriting, and closing are secured in a timely manner. The salary for this position is 100% commission.
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008.
Key Words: Mortgage Consultant, Originator, Mortgage Banker, Mortgage Advisor, Loan Officer
Your Career is Here.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of mortgage loan origination/sales experience
- Ability to travel
- A minimum of $12 million in annual mortgage loan production
- Thorough knowledge of pricing and underwriting requirements of various mortgage insurance companies
- Working knowledge of underwriting requirements for FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, local bonding programs, and private investors
- Familiar with local, state and national laws (e.g. zoning ordinances, Truth-in Lending, RESPA, energy audit requirements, etc.)
- Strong sales ability
- Ability to analyze financial information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
U.S. Bank - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a diversified financial services holding company and parent company of U.S. Bank, the nation's fifth largest...