Design Manager, Custom Marketing Solutions
Krames StayWell, a leading health publisher and custom communications company, seeks experienced Design Manager to provide leadership for a custom design team in our Evanston office, located conveniently next to CTA and Metra train stations
Ours is a high-volume, fast-paced publishing team environment responsible for producing hundreds of short-format health publications each month, as well as custom calendars, member guidebooks, annual reports, and other print collateral materials for hospitals, health systems, health plans and other organizations nationwide. Help cultivate an energetic, service-oriented atmosphere that results in happy clients, harmonious team dynamics, and world-class design outcomes.
Essential Responsibilities, Skills and Abilities
- Supervise a design team , ensuring that individual designer output is produced at the speed, quality and expectation of the organization, and that fluctuating workload levels are monitored and adjusted so our client needs are being served.
- Assign work to the most qualified designer for a project, effectively matching skills, experience, and workload capacity so our client needs are met.
- Foster a client service atmosphere by modeling exceptional interpersonal skills with colleagues and providing guidance to designers so they can sustain effective peer and client relationships.
- Collaborate with editorial, client services, and production management to ensure smooth project execution and consistency in workflow processes for the cross-departmental teams who directly serve our client accounts.
- Assess individual designer performance and provide regular feedback to team members to enable each designer to excel in position and continually improve performance, culminating in annual performance evaluation and setting of annual goals.
- Optimize workflow processes and department procedures to enhance design department productivity, client satisfaction, and overall quality of design.
- Meet regularly as part of the design management team regarding productivity goals, metrics, budget, process improvement, training programs, and other relevant department issues.
- Work in partnership with the VP Design & Creative Services, Design Managers, and Art Directors to establish world-class design standards so organization is positioned as best-in-class design leader in our competitive arena.
- Maintain small client workload that consists of direct management of and/or hands-on execution for projects that primarily consist of high profile or developmental projects.
- Recruit and train new designers and freelancers when required
n Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts or related field
n 10+ years relevant design experience in progressively-advancing roles within an agency, studio, or high-volume publishing environment; of which at least 3 years involve design staff management with budget, workflow definition, and performance accountability
n Outstanding portfolio that includes significant magazine or publishing project work.
n Mastery of leading graphics and page layout programs (CS5.5), in-depth understanding of the pre-press and print manufacturing processes required to produce KSW work
n Successful track record of working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
n Exceptional written and verbal communication/presentation skills required.
n Demonstrated problem-solving and conflict resolution coaching skills a must.
Medimedia - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard