THE YMCA OF GREATER SEATTLE
You long for impact and purpose. We offer it daily. At
our 12 branches, two overnight camps and more than 200
program sites, YMCA employees serve the people of King
and south Snohomish Counties with programs and services
tailored to fit the needs of those we reach. Three
overarching goals drive our work: youth development,
healthy lifestyles and social responsibility. We have an
immediate job opening for a qualified candidate whose
values align with our organization: Respect,
Responsibility, Honesty and Caring.
Plans and teaches skills and activities for inclusive
youth/family programs, including sports programs.
1. 18 years or older.
2. Current state approved first aid certification.*
3. Current state approved CPR certification for toddlers
4. High school education or equivalent.
5. One year experience working with children and
families from diverse backgrounds.
6. One year or more of experience participating in, or
working with, program area.
7. Program lesson planning and instructional skills.
8. Ability to respond to safety and emergency
9. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with,
diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical
ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any
language in addition to English may be helpful.
- Within 30 days of employment or at first available
CORE COMPETENCIES ESSENTIAL TO SUCCESS INCLUDE:
- Supporting our Mission, Vision and Direction of the
Participants, Internal Customers and Others
- Building Community
- Providing a Quality Experience for Members,
- Working Productively
- Using Effective Personal Behaviors/Communicates
Respect, and Responsibility.
- Ability to embrace our core values: Caring, Honesty,
1. Plans and instructs classes.
2. Develops and carries out lesson plans.
3. Sets up, takes down and cares for equipment. Reports
equipment problems as instructed.
4. Enforces safety rules, YMCA policies and procedures,
and class guidelines.
5. Ensures parents are informed on developmental stages,
progression, ability and level of participation.
Encourages social interaction among children and adults.
6. Attends all staff meetings and required trainings.
7. Makes required reports to supervisor.
8. Helps recruit, train and supervise volunteer aides as
required, based on safe class ratios.
9. Participates in promoting programs.
10. Develops effective relationships and establishes
positive rapport with schools, parents, participants,
and other groups.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Valid driver's license, with at least three years
- Driving record which meets or exceeds YMCA
If the program is operating as licensed child care, the
family program positions and staff are subject to
licensing standards established by the Department of
Social and Health Services (DSHS). Entry requirements
for staff listed above are based upon current YMCA
interpretation of such standards, are not inclusive, and
are subject to change.
Come join the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a
continuous learning environment and career
opportunities. Competitive pay range and excellent
benefit package includes free YMCA membership, health,
dental, life and disability insurance; tuition
assistance; 12% retirement fund contribution, when
http://www.seattleymca.org/Pages/Careers.aspx or mail to
909 Fourth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104-1194, Attention:
Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity
employer committed to diversity, inclusion and equity.
We are a drug-free workplace.
YMCA of Greater Seattle - 2 years ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...