Post-Si SW Validation Engineer
Job Description: Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
In this position, you will be responsible for validation and test development of Intel chipset silicon, either in a custom-designed HW/SW environment or in a real world environment, using Intel software and hardware. You will review pertinent Intel and external HW/SW specifications, develop contents, and debug test failures using a variety of tools including Logic Analyzers and ITPs. You may work with Design Engineers to identify and obtain 3rd party engineering samples of devices needed to exercise new technologies and features. You will be expected to interact with existing Intel validation organizations to leverage best known methods and contents.
An ideal candidate would exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Excellent technical and problem solving skills
- Team player with good organizational, planning, and multi-tasking skills
- Solid verbal/written communication skills
- Highly motivated, curious, good lab skills (proper tool use, detailed note taking), and keenly interested in finding and resolving silicon failures
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work, research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences
- Must have a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- At the BS level, must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- Minimum 6 months experience with Computer System Architecture
- Minimum 6 months experience with C/C++ programming
- Minimum 6 months experience with subsystem HW/SW stack, including the silicon, all onboard HW components and connectors, external or plug-in adapters and devices, drivers, and applications
- Minimum 6 months experience with reading specifications and identifying, interpreting and implementing innovative test cases
- Minimum 6 months experience with logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and protocol analyzers
- 1yr+ experience with Intel's SVOS/Rocket
- 1yr+ experience with Linux kernel and Linux device drivers
- 1yr+ experience with PC bus protocols any industry-standard IOs (PCIe, USB, SATA, etc)
- 1yr+ experience with Platform, board and power supply design
- 1yr+ experience with EDA, RTL, FPGA, VP design
Jan 31, 2013
Apr 30, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 13 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...