Primary Job Functions
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 5-8 years job-specific experience required.
- Based on Technical assignment, additional certifications as specified for Storage Engineer III.
- Is ITIL® Foundation-Certified within 180 days of employment.
- High level of oral and written communication skills. Ability to prepare technical reports, client presentations, position papers, executive summaries reference documentation, Microsoft Visio diagrams, and technical manuals.
- Must obtain appropriate certifications required within 12 months of placement within position.
The Storage Engineer III configures/maintains Architects, designs and maintains the Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure and evaluates and installs appropriate Storage Area Network (SAN) Management Software and Security patches.
The SE III maintains Disaster Recovery documentation and participates in Disaster Recovery drills as required by the Business Continuity Plan. This position contributes to providing highly tuned Enterprise Disk and Tape storage solutions while assisting in the management of Tivoli Backup and Recovery systems. The SEIII produces regular reporting statistics on usage, performance and availability of disk and tape subsystems; assists in ensuring that TSM is in compliance with legally mandated and TSM required data retention policies; evaluates new storage management technologies and recommends appropriate acquisitions to management.
- Participates in planning and scheduling to establish deadlines and ensure the timely completion of several independent tasks and short term projects. Forecasts needs or staffing requirements; responds to changes to ensure that necessary resources will be available to meet demands. May organize, coordinate assign and schedule tasks.
- Mentors Systems Engineers level 1 and 2
- Monitors and tunes systems to achieve optimum performance levels
- Implements and maintains appropriate levels of system security
- Provides technical expertise and assistance and guidance for problem resolution, system transitions, migrations, project support engineering, and consolidations. Is considered the subject matter expert and resolves the most complex of problems. Provides technical leadership, and subject matter expertise on the most complex projects, upgrades, new implementations, and consolidations.
- Defines and manages standards and technology roadmaps and performs capacity planning for the area of specialty. Is considered the subject matter expert and makes the final recommendations for technology roadmaps and capacity planning efforts.
- Provides on-call support
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 14 months ago
The 453-bed Presbyterian Hospital in downtown Albuquerque is the largest critical-care hospital in New Mexico and has been the hospital most...