People want to be treated like individuals. At Cigna, we get that. That’s why we embrace and encourage peoples’ uniqueness, helping to give them the strength and confidence to show the world who they really are. The coverage, expertise and services we provide are at the very core of how we help people achieve their full potential – and ultimately, improve their health, well-being and sense of security.
But before we can accomplish any of that, we have to have the right people in place. People like you.
Skills, experience, talent and creativity like yours enables us to develop the meaningful, innovative solutions our customers value and expect. That’s why we’re committed to recruiting, motivating and nurturing the best and the brightest, whether you have industry experience or not. We’re growing a workforce as unique and diverse as the millions of customers we proudly serve around the world – one individual at a time.
This position employs Lean Six Sigma methodology and analytics in leading large and mid-sized process improvement projects focused on increasing productivity, reducing operational expense and improving customer satisfaction. Responsible for executing projects to include, data mining, analysis, implementation of solutions and tracking results.
Black Belt is required for this role
- Leads cross functional project teams.
- Utilizes Lean Six Sigma methodologies to solve problems.
- Develops and manages project timelines, manages resources, monitors roadblocks and achieves project deliverables.
- Manages multiple projects under time constraints.
- Utilizes structured, disciplined and data oriented process to identify root cause and solve problems.
- Determines requirements, plans projects, establishes priorities and monitors progress.
- Evaluates project status and resource utilization and implements changes to improve the team's effectiveness.
- Manages risk and assesses impact from a cost, efficiency, contractual, legal and/or regulatory standpoint.
- Cultivates and maintains working relationships with all team members, stakeholders and matrix partners.
- Engages appropriate business and technical resources when needed.
- Fosters an environment of critical thinking and process improvement.
- Coaches others on Six Sigma tools and application.
Bachelors Degree in Business or related field; Masters degree a plus
A minimum of 5 Years of experience in project management related work is preferred
Strong project management knowledge and experience; quality improvement projects desirable
Aptitude for data, measurement systems, and statistical analysis
Six Sigma training and/or ability to complete training
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong skills in the MIcrosoft Office suite of applications, especially Excel
A strong understanding of internal and external customer needs with a drive to create a winning environment.
CIGNA offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
We encourage you to complete all questions on the candidate profile if you wish to be considered for this opportunity.
CIGNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CIGNA - 21 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...