Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Through ACS, A Xerox Company, which Xerox acquired in February 2010, Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The 130,000 people of Xerox serve clients in more than 160 countries.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
This position is part of a software development team developing and supporting Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) products. These industry leading products support the collection of toll and the associated operations for a number of the country’s largest tolling agencies. This position deals with all aspects of software development and product support in a 24x7 operating environment. It requires an individual who is highly skilled in design, development, and maintenance of complex software programs. The environment is fast paced and dynamic, requiring the ability to respond quickly to changing priorities across multiple projects. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills along with a demonstrated ability to meet schedules and multi-task. Development activities include both new development and ongoing maintenance of the product. After hours and weekend work is occasionally required.
Prior experience should include the development and maintenance of large scale systems that process hundreds of thousands of transactions daily and the associated financial settlement. Outstanding oral, technical and written communication skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial setting is essential.
Preferred / Desired:
- Minimum 6-8 years of progressively responsible related technical experience, including 4 years developing large, technically complex systems and
- 2 years with major responsibility for developing, revising and controlling technical documentation of a complex system.
- Excellent C / C++ and Java programming skills
- Some travel and on-call support required.
- A broad understanding of current hardware and software technologies and the proven ability to architect major systems.
- A background with systems operating in a 24x7 production environment.
- Experience in scripting and using source code control systems.
- Analysis and design skills using formal methodologies and Object Oriented Programming principles.
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules and multi-task.
- Application level development on Linux
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills in both technical and client facing situations.
Education and Typical Years Experience
- Demonstrated team leadership skills.
- Rose RealTime (IBM Technical Developer), UML, device interface development (serial/parallel ports, PCI, DMA, network interfaces, sockets)
- A background in large scale transaction processing and financial management systems.
- Experience with Linux rebuilding, configuring Linux kernels
- Experience developing/debugging device drivers
- SQL experience
- Web application development experience within real-time or embedded solutions
- Knowledge of credit card processing and related PCI standards.
- Knowledge of network design and network administration.
- Experience with image visualization or automatic image recognition.
- Experience working in a team environment where team members are geographically dispersed.
- Client interaction and presentation skills.
- Real-time and/or embedded development experience
A BA / BS degree that is relevant to the position.
6 to 8 years of hands-on software development experience C/C++/Java programming.
All other duties as assigned.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with ACS may request such accommodation(s) by calling 866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail to
Xerox Corporation - 17 months ago
Why build your career at Xerox?
Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer...