To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
PeaceHealth is looking for an outstanding MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT LEAD to join our DERMATOLOGY team! This is a FULL TIME, day shift position.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Mentors other health assistants. Works in collaboration with the clinic scheduler to help facilitate efficient scheduling of patients.
1. Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
2. Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes and records patient history and vital signs.
3. Prepares exam and treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations and procedures.
4. Gives injections and applies splints and dressings under physician orders. Simple wound management.
5. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
6. Assist in scheduling patients for tests and follow up appointments.
7. Maintains patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associate's degree in Allied Health).
Four years of recent acute clinical experience preferred; two years required.
Current certification for Medical Office Assistant or must receive certification within 12 months from the hire date.
Proof of BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required upon date of hire.
Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff.
Organized, flexible and able to function independently
Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members
Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment
Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
please see above.
PeaceHealth - 2 years ago
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and...