Candidate will be responsible for selling profitable laboratory equipment within new and existing customer opportunities in a defined territory. Markets covered include Acute Care Hospitals and Physician’s Office Laboratories. Equipment will include ci4100 and Ruby in 100 bed and less hospitals, histology equipment, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics and Trinity Biotech analyzers.
Candidate will work collaboratively with Fisher Account Managers and Instrument Manufacturers to develop and close instrumentation opportunities. Significant field travel required to work with Fisher Account Managers to develop instrument leads and carry the sales cycle forward to close. Instrument demo skills, objection handling and selling in the carpeted hallways are critical. Candidate must recognize the value and importance of the problem solving and results oriented approach to accomplish sales targets and do this through effective planning and organization in each of the sales territories of responsibility.
Responsibilities will also include maintaining an accurate and detailed instrument funnel that will be updated weekly. This funnel will serve as the basis for a monthly forecast that will be sent to the direct manager and local district sales manager. Each month the candidate will be responsible for conducting one on one funnel updates with every account manager.
This candidate will be looked upon to lead without authority on a daily basis. They will serve as a coach, leader and motivator to the account management team. They will also serve as a teammate within a talented and experienced group of capital selling specialists.
Overall, the candidate’s performance will be rated on annual performance to company plan, contributions to the ISS team and the number of account managers that achieve the company’s instrument plan.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Four year Bachelors degree
- Minimum seven years sales experience, preferably capital equipment
- Track record of sales over-achievement vs. company goals
- Track record of successful territory management a must
- 60%-70% travel within assigned territory
- Sales Specialist experience a plus
- Prior laboratory experience a plus
- Prior distribution experience a plus
- Problem solving and results oriented approach
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 2 years ago
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000...