Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) is one of the leading producers of polymers and high-performance plastics in North America and is part of the global Bayer MaterialScience business with nearly 14,700 employees at 30 sites around the world. Business activities are focused on the manufacture of high-tech polymer materials and the development of innovative solutions for products used in many areas of daily life. The main segments served are the automotive, electrical and electronics, construction, medical, and sports and leisure industries. Local Procurement Pittsburgh We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Please note salary and grade level will be commensurate upon experience and/or education level. The primary responsibility of this role is to direct all procurement activities for Technical Goods operations and sourcing for assigned materials, including the allocation of resources, budgets, major projects and personnel decisions related to the department.
In close cooperation with internal customers, BMS Global Procurement, and an extensive supplier base, the jobholder ensures security of supply. He/she develops and adopts operational strategies, policies, guideline frameworks and ensures their compliance to the overall PROTRA strategy.
Major tasks include:
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
- Defines and implements measures needed to manage the function†s strategic and operational alignment to assure that assigned functions are properly led, coordinated, integrated and controlled, on a regional level and in accordance with global targets;
- Leads a cross-functional team for the transactional processing of all assigned locally and globally sourced technical goods;
- Contributes to the global procurement strategy of Technical Goods and implements within the local team through collaboration with Global TG procurement, plant contacts in maintenance, store room, and all key site interfaces;
- The development and implementation of local sourcing strategies for Technical Goods considering and consulting with the BMS plant units;
- Co-Manage, with contract owners, the execution of Global & Local Technical Goods strategies through communication with suppliers;
- Management and optimization of the local procurement team for Technical Goods including a strong focus to achieve process efficiency and stabilization;
- Understanding internal customer needs and ensures high customer satisfaction;
- Functional, Resource & Administration responsibility for all direct reports and responsible for their development, targets, and performance appraisals.
- BS or BA Degree in a Technical or Business related field plus a minimum of 8 years or a MS Degree with a minimum of 2-6 years combined experience managing a procurement or technical related area;
- Ability to direct and control the purchases of diverse Technical Goods;
- Demonstrated strong leadership and effective communication skills;
- Analytical decision making skills and creative thought process ability;
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and manage virtual team environments;
- Intercultural and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a global business environment;
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with 3rd party companies (suppliers or customers);
- Strong focus and experience with customer service (internal or external);
- Ability to take on multiple concurrent assignments and projects while ensuring smooth daily business operations.
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and materials...