The Sterilization Shipping/Receiving Team Leader position is located in Covington, Georgia at C. R. Bard Medical Division.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
Coordinates and prioritizes receipt and processing of product through the sterilization process and maintains / monitors control of inventory. Establishes priority of receipt and processing of product by interfacing with receiving personnel and Sterilization Team Leaders. Acts as central contact for product status to and from other divisions.
Responsible for verifying sterilization releases and coordinating the shipping of product from sterilization to distribution.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Establishes priorities for unloading trailers, building loads and processing product.
2. Directs work activities of other team members.
3. Coordinates processing special sterilization requests and contacting requestors of status.
4. Coordinates processing PQR product and contacting project team members of status.
5. Assists in tracking system Data Entry.
6. Inventory control by review of daily stock status.
7. Chemical receipt into Sterilization.
8. Those functions described in Sterilization Coordinator’s job description.
9. Provides a point of communication between the following functional groups:
• QA Coordinators and Warehouse Spore Placers
• Weekday and weekend Warehouse Spore Placers
10. Assists with enforcing Regional Sterilization policies and procedures, some of these include Bard wood pallet requirements, forklift daily maintenance (i.e., proper battery care) and periodic tasks.
11. First point of contact for Traffic department on processing of non-sterile product carrier claims. Responsible for assuring that non-sterile carrier claims are handled per Regional Sterilization procedure. Communicates in-transit damages effectively to Distribution and to the customer, then assures that corrective actions are implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
12. Assists Warehouse Spore Placers and Sterilization Coordinators when problems arise, i.e., incomplete or missing incoming/receiving paperwork (bill of lading, certificates, etc.).
13. Responsible for retrieving bioburden group samples for routine quarterly testing.
14. Responsible for working with Operators in prioritizing loads.
15. Responsible for accurate verification of item, lot, quantity on Sterilization releases and truck loading for transport to distribution.
• Able to operate material handling equipment.
• Able to apply policies and procedures to work situations and use judgment in selecting appropriate actions. Significant deviations from established policies and procedures will be referred to the supervisor.
• Able to prioritize tasks and workflow. Planning will take into account assets (time, equipment, and product) available.
• Knowledge of personal computers.
• Knowledge of inventory control tools such as, inventory transaction journal, stock status, and computerized-inventory system.
• Knowledge of hazardous material standard, HM-181.
• Strong leadership and motivational skills required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2 to 4 years of experience operating material handling equipment and inventory management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Employee is required to meet with other personnel in other areas of building. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
C. R. Bard - 2 years ago
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...