The Courtesy Clerk bags customer’s purchases properly and assist cashiers as needed while ensuring that each customer receives “Extra Step” customer service by:
- Welcoming each customer
- Calling them by name
- Taking care of their needs
- Thanking them
- Inviting them back
- Provide “Extra Step” customer service to every customer
- Maintain proper service levels by rotating registers and assisting customers in unloading cart
- Offer bag selection to customers (ex: paper or plastic)
- Use proper bagging techniques (ex: separate hot & cold items, cleaning products, raw meat, crushablesand all perishables from other products) and load customers purchases back in their cart
- Tag bottom of cart items and un-bagged merchandise.
- Offer carry outs to customers and properly load purchases in their vehicle.
- Retrieve carts from the parking lot using a cart strap and safety vest.
- Must be able to tolerate environmental changes and exposure to hot and cold temperatures caused by frequent trips to the parking lot to service customers and retrieve carts under varying weather conditions.
- Pick up and dispose of trash from the carts, floor, and parking lot.
- Assist cashiers with change requests, cash “turn ins” to the Courtesy Center, bagging and obtaining additional items.
- Obtain and load the carpet cleaning rental machine into the customer’s car
- Maintain and refill paper and plastic bags at registers
- Return “take-backs” and damaged goods to their proper location
- Stock advertisements and Everybody Cooks magazine
- Sweep and mop floors using company approved cleaners, when maintenance is not available
- Work actions include standing, walking, bending, reaching, and squatting
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
Must be at least 16 years of age
Must be able to:
Expectations for all Dierbergs Associates:
- Provide friendly “Extra Step” service to our customers
- Read basic information which contains a number of details and describes procedures involving several steps.
- Use good communication and listening skills
- Work well as part of a team
- Conform to Dierbergs dress code, appearance, and personal hygiene standards. Visible tattoos must be covered and piercings, other than ears, must be removed.
- Be flexible in scheduling (including weekends and holidays)
- Maintain prompt, regular, and dependable attendance as scheduled
- Comply with all federal, state, location regulations, and Dierbergs policies
Dierbergs - 10 months ago