WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT
Vision for Success
Snowshoe Mountain will be known as one of the top five mountain destinations in the East, the best place to work in West Virginia, and a trusted resort partner. We’ll carve our legacy by perfecting factors within our control and providing guest valued, hassle-free experiences to create lifelong mountain enthusiasts.
The Principles Guiding Our Daily Actions and Behaviors
Our six organizational values describe our shared beliefs…what’s important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Guest Driven – Service, Passion, Fun
Unified Team – Cooperative, Fun and Not Siloed
Integrity Always – Do the Right Thing
Down-Home Hospitality – Warm, Friendly, Sincere
Epic Experiences – Wild, Memorable, Unexpected Delight
Stewardship – Environment, Financial, Safety
Snowshoe Strategic Areas of Focus
Focus on Guest Valued Experience
Being a Trusted Resort Partner
Best Place to Work in West Virginia
Our Guest Objectives
Provide day after day, a mountain resort guest experience that provides great service, great value, safety, an experience that animates all the senses, and great emotions that turn into great memories.
To offer consistently exceptional service to create a higher percentage of advocates out of our first time guests
The E-Commerce Website Coordinator’s primary role is the production and maintenance of content for Snowshoe’s websites. The role also incorporates providing CMS support to internal/external business units. The position will report to the Marketing Operations Manager and be a key player in helping to set up and deliver on aggressive and exciting goals that support our strategy.
Strategic Focus of the E-Commerce Coordinator is to:
1) Cost effectively drive more qualified visits to our websites
2) Increase online revenue booked on the websites
3) Improve Search Engine optimization of content
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job result satisfactorily. The employee is responsible for the following “job results”.
Administrates production and content of designated websites
Developing and maintaining snowshoemtn.com as an active sales tool and assists in graphics department in producing collateral and imagery
Researching best applications and utilizes cutting edge technology in site development
Creation of website content including page copy and graphics
Working with marketing department and other departments to understand the communicational needs for site content
Meets regularly with senior designer and marketing department to understand the scope of each project
Designing collateral as specified by senior designer
Working with outside printers and in house print shop for the development of printed plates
Provide general production support to the Marketing Services team
Through use of CSS and Advanced HTML implement website design
Produce, maintain and track landing pages for marketing campaigns
Developing Snowshoe’s website, implementing needed design features for online marketing campaigns, assisting in the production of collateral, maintaining website with current information while maintaining the resort’s overall visual identity and meeting deadlines set by Production Manager
Produce, maintain and track advertising banners
Coordinate Website content from other department stakeholders
Developing the architecture for site which is readily maintained by various resort departments
Gathering needed information for site
Working with all departments to ensure accuracy and timely upkeep.
Documenting start and finish times of jobs
Distributing completed production forms to Production/Traffic Manager for invoicing
Provide website support to internal/external business units
Monitor and Review website content metrics through SiteCatalyst web analytics software
Coordinate the ongoing Search Engine Optimization of designated company websites
Researches various associated sites, registers site with search engines on regular basis
Providing weekly reports on site visitation and activity
Coordinate with IT department for establishing host server and troubleshooting of technical needs
Maintaining graphic files and web files within a structured system on the file server, trouble shooting specific problems when applicable
Assist with CMS best practices to internal/external business units
Any Intrawest employee who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Intrawest Driver’s Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Intrawest Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not – please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The knowledge, skill and ability an incumbent must have in order to accomplish the job results and to perform the fob duties.
- Advanced knowledge of website production techniques and eCommerce applications preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Content Management Software. Sitecore preferred.
- Proficient in DreamWeaver, Photoshop and ImageReady
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of most Microsoft, Apple and UNIX web and desktop software
- Working knowledge of the Travel/Tourism industry
- Strong writing skills; able to explain technical concepts to end users
- Understanding of marketing concepts to support involvement in seasonal marketing campaigns and web strategies at Intrawest
- Process oriented: comfortable creating and operating within a project plan
- Able to work with a large number of clients in person and remotely
- Proactive "can-do" approach to issues so all issues are taken care of
- Meticulous detail coordination: able to track multiple tasks across various timelines of involvement
- Wide array of technical skills to support a variety of technologies
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with good command of English
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational abilities with thorough follow up skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently in order to meet deadlines
- Team oriented
- High School Diploma
- Diploma or Degree in Website Development or equivalent
Specific Certifications, Licenses Required:
- Minimum 2 experience with content management software, preferably Sitecore.
- Minimum 2 years experience in website design
- Experience with web implementation techniques and processes
- Experience in working in a customer service capacity
- Strong understanding of technology needs and processes in a travel/tourism environment
- Exposure to the graphic design environment: a creative eye and understanding of how to get the most out of imagery use
No certifications or licenses required
This does not have any formal supervisory responsibilities.
GENERAL LANGUAGE & REASONING ABILITY
Ability to understand technical computer applications and manuals, ability to creatively communicate in visual and written form, ability to understand reports and various web applications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand or sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. The incumbent is required to be mentally alert while performing this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent performs this job under normal office work environment.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as may be assigned.
Intrawest - 14 months ago