Position: Sr Linux Administrator
Location: Bay Area, CA
This is an immediate requirement.
This High Performance Computing (HPC) role will have primary responsibility for installing, configuring, and maintaining a couple small HPC clusters (approximately 100 nodes), supporting systems, and administering single node LINUX systems.
- Provide LINUX system administration and user support for scientific research groups
- Participate in the installation, integration, acceptance testing, and on-going maintenance of medium, and large Linux cluster systems
- Building of cluster operating system environment, integrating high performance interconnects variants of MPI, 3rd party compilers, and scientific applications together to produce a working system
- Support data and process migration between internal systems
- B.S. in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience, and a minimum of 4 years of relevant full time experience
- Experience architecting and administering Linux based HPC clusters, including parallel computing libraries, scheduling systems, and high-performance storage and networking systems
- Solid knowledge of Linux and UNIX operating systems concepts and must have extensive systems administration experience
- Must have experience and knowledge to support parallel or distributed computing architectures used for scientific computing
- Must have firm understanding of LINUX and internals and be proficient with building, patching, and modifying Linux Packages
- Shell Scripting experience is a must
- Experience configuring and supporting job schedulers and resource managers for load balancing user jobs on a system ideally using Sun Grid Engine
- Experience with industry-standard configuration management, monitoring, and alerting tools
- Experience with Isilon and NetApp storage would be helpful
- Experience in bioinformatics workflows helpful
- Ability to handle rotating on-call support weekends and evenings
JobHost - 12 months ago
XTRON provides solutions to the customers to manage, change and transform their business challenges through high-quality and cost-effective...