Gensler’s North Central Region is seeking an experienced SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER for our Chicago Office. We value leadership in the managing of people, creativity and identifying and implementing strategy. You must have strong conceptual thinking, the ability to create great form from interior architecture and embrace sound business strategy as applied to effective spaces. You must be able to rally teams around the ideas you put forth. You must be able to work beyond a project-based focus to also address the culture and needs of the greater office and region. You must be able to market and maintain client relationships. You must be service oriented and willing to foster a respectful, creative and inspiring environment. You should value a great reputation in the design community at large.
- Lead interior design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development & construction documents
- Provide design support for completion and execution of design projects
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
- Participates in selection of FF&E color palettes & material presentations, and generate specifications
- Leverage oneself beyond project-based focus to address greater office and regional issues.
- Continually improve the quality of our work, the manner in which we deliver it and the process we employ to attain it
- Build, nurture and foster new relationships with a broad client base
- Work closely with Design Directors and Regional Design Directors across the firm to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy and facilitate its advancement in respective offices and across the firm
- Be an integral part in the growth and success of the workplace Practice Area
- Effectively communicate and implement the key strategic initiatives and become an influential “Voice” of design
To be considered for this opportunity, you must UPLOAD A SAMPLE DESIGN PORTFOLIO to the attachments sections of your application.
- 8-10 years minimum of relevant design experience in interiors
- Bachelors’ Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship-management skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and 3-d visualization tools
- Skilled in conceptual thinking, experiential design and storytelling in space
- Certification or state licensed is a plus
- Expert Knowledge of FF&E, color & materials
- Expert Knowledge of furniture systems and specifications
- Proficient in Creative Adobe Suite applications
- LEED accreditation
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Gensler - 17 months ago
One of a handful of "pure design" firms, M. Arthur Gensler Jr. & Associates (Gensler) consistently ranks among the largest...