Senior Cloud Software Engineer (Job Number: 322499)
The Integrated Systems Group of SAIC has a career opportunity for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer, located in Columbia, MD.
The Senior Cloud Software Engineer will be part of a software development team that provides analytics services. These services are technical capabilities that operate on behalf of analysts to perform routine tasks better left to automation or those analytic attacks that, based on the scope of the problem, defy work by human analysts.
- Conduct requirements analysis, software development, integration, and enhancement.
- Maintain software and develop and implement test plans and test scripts.
- Deploy applications in a cloud environment.
- Design automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
- Develop analytics that include foreign language processing.
- Create analytic processes that incorporate multi-media technologies.
- Produce analytics that function on massive data sets.
- Generate analytics that employ semantic.
- Fashion analytics that identify patterns between massive data sets.
- Build analytics that employ techniques commonly associated with AI.
- Develop data driven, event driven, rules engines analytics.
- Construct analytics that discover and exploit social networks.
- Document ontologies, data models, schemas, and data elements.
- Deploy analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
- Integrate and extend FOSS/COTS products experience.
- Write technical documents in support of software development.
- This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
- College Degree in a related field or equivalent with 8+ years related experience.
- 8+ Years experience in software development/engineering.
- 6+ Years experience developing software with Java, C, C++.
- 3+ Years experience developing software for Windows or UNIX/Linux.
- 3+ Years experience in software integration and software testing.
- Requirements analysis experience.
- Software development, installation, integration, and enhancement experience.
- Software maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution experience.
- Developing and implementing test plans and test scripts experience.
- Distributed scalable Big Data Store experience.
- Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, or Big Table experience.
- Map Reduce programming model and technologies experience.
- Hive, Pig, or Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) experience.
- Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON experience.
- Deploying applications in a cloud environment experience.
- Understanding of Cloud Scalability and Hadoop /Cloud Certification.
- Designing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms experience.
- Developing analytics that include foreign language processing experience.
- Creating analytic processes that incorporate multi-media technologies experience.
- Producing analytics that function on massive data sets experience.
- Generating analytics that employ semantic experience.
- Fashioning analytics that identify patterns between massive data sets experience.
- Building analytics that employ techniques commonly associated with AI experience.
- Taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
- Developing data driven, event driven, rules engines analytics experience.
- Linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts) experience.
- Constructing analytics that discover and exploit social networks experience.
- Documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, and data elements experience.
- Deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment experience.
- Object Oriented system experience.
- Integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products experience.
- Writing technical documents in support of a software development project experience.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Apr 25, 2013, 10:43:18 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...