Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
Masters Degree in Urban Planning required
• AICP required
• Minimum three years experience working as a planner for municipal and infrastructure projects.
• Past municipal work experience required.
• Software experience to include: MS Word, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, ArcGIS, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop and QuarkXpress
• Additional Requirements include: Proven technical writing skills, leadership and management skills, public participation experience, business development experience, urban design, Complete Streets, area plans, foreign language skills, zoning and land use, and project management.
Do the best work of your life!
The Infrastructure Planning Department of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Urban Planner for immediate employment in the Overland Park, Kansas office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Urban Planning specific to municipal planning projects with a focus on sustainable designs. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including long range transportation plans, area plans, sustainable corridor plans, zoning and land use plans, roadway and transit planning studies and projects involving extensive public participation.
• Identifies, markets and leads proposals for planning opportunities.
• Successfully manages planning projects on schedule, within budget and exceeds client expectations.
• Work cooperatively with other URS planners to support and provide planning services as needed outside geographic area.
• Support other office staff on projects that have a planning or sustainability component.
• This position requires the flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of the URS Corporation.
• The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation - 13 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...