Raytheon is seeking a
IV&V Test Engineer
to be part of a team that provides life-cycle management of an IT infrastructure.
The team operates and sustains data operations for a system that ingests, tags and audits data sets while maintaining the security, integrity and availability of that data. The Operations and Sustainment (O&S) team will work with the customer and development teams to improve effective and efficient fielding and sustainment of the deployed system’s capabilities. The O&S team will apply best-practices toward continuous process improvement to ensure a reliable, flexible, accountable, cost-effective and secure computing environment.
This position is tentative based on contract award.
Responsibilities will include
- Provide independent verification and validation (IV&V) support to development teams delivering new capabilities into the production and test environments.
- The Test Engineer will support the provisioning, build and maintenance of test environments and will provide test data to the development teams to support IV&V activities.
- Support to configuring for prototyping, development, and production activities.
- Direct a complex test program which includes establishing methods and techniques, planning tests, develop test requirements, writing test procedures and reports, and conducts tests utilizing comprehensive knowledge of these complex subsystems.
- Participate in test readiness reviews, participate in design reviews, and conduct audits of test programs and facilities.
- Utilize a broad knowledge of precedents in test engineering and apply understanding of principles of related engineering and software technology to ensure test validity and integrity.
- Conduct tests, which include collaborating with others in establishing language, database, and computer simulation requirements and configuration management techniques.
- General supervision is received from a designated supervisor. Guidance received relates primarily to general objectives and details of unusual situations and /or requirements.
- Will provide functional guidance to less experienced test engineers or exercise occasional functional supervision over technicians and clerical assistants.
- Duties may include performing system test planning and implementation for medium to large-scale systems using state-of-the-art technology.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have active ISSA TS/SCI security clearance with Full Scope polygraph
- Minimum of 2 years subject area professional experience
- Experience with requirements development, management and architectures
- Experience with interface definition and documentation (ICDs)
- Experience with end-to-end IV&V processes and methodologies
- Experience with tools for requirements management, software development, discrepancy reporting and configuration management
- Experience with test script development
- Strong skills in identifying, isolating and correcting software/system anomalies
- Experience with requirements verification and validation
- Outstanding communication, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Customer Focused.
- 6 years+ subject area professional experience
- Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
- Demonstrated ability to succinctly synthesize data into information
- Experience in software and database design, development and test
- Experience in conducting security testing
- Experience in developing operational procedures.
- Skills in effective presentation of IV&V technical and readiness review data
- Experience in the maintenance of complex hardware and software data processing systems
- Experience with systems engineering and configuration management processes
- Experience generating IV&V CDRLs and other documentation
- Experience providing inputs to Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP)
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics.
Advanced Degree preferred. 10 years of relevant e
xperience will be considered in lieu of education requirements.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2011 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 71,000 people worldwide.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more then 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX, IIS generated $3 billion in 2011 revenues.