Packers play an integral role in making and shipping pet supply products; Line Packer positions are very physical and involve a lot of lifting, bending and stooping. The Line Packer position manufactures and packs pet supplies into containers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ensures high production quality standards are maintained while placing the appropriate number of products in a box, in appropriate configuration carton or case and place on a pallet.
- Maintain a clean work environment to comply with expected standards.
- Collaborates with others to develop a high performing team.
- Communicates all issues that could result in process delays, safety issues, or otherwise cause loss to the company or its associates.
- Inspects the product for quality (labels, weights, visual).
- Capacity to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; must be able to communicate effectively with management and co-workers.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to safety guidelines in a warehouse environment
- Dependable, with reliable transportation is a must!
- Must have a good eye for detail.
- Meet and maintain production standards.
- Proven successful history of working independently or collaborate in a group environment.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- One to three months related experience and/or training); or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Perrigo - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
From its beginnings as a packager of generic home remedies in 1887, Allegan, Michigan-based Perrigo Company has grown to become a leading...